See also: Operation, Structure, Factors, Self-understanding
- is Who in What
- being alone in context, one's relationship with one's context, one's aloneness, what expresses one beyond onself, what defines one. It fixes Scope and derives Person. Activity is how Scope defines a Person, his arisal and being, his not being separate in System, thus his Nonexistence in System, his being of beyond system. It is being alone in Scope (GoingBeyondOneself, Diverging, Distinguishing, Dividing).
The basic kinds of activity are given by the Factors that arise from the Operations acting on the Onesome. These are ways of extending the meaning of a whole.
- GoingBeyondOneself is the activity of Everything. It is defined by the equation 1+1=2. Here, one perspective is given by affirming the original wholeness (so as to go beyond itself). Another perspective is given by going beyond that original wholeness, and finding it anew (thus going beyond). In general, this activity takes a Division of Everything, reaffirms (reinterprets) its perspectives, and adds a new perspective in which arises the wholeness of the other perspectives. In other words, it reinterprets the original perspectives so that their wholeness may be considered a perspective alongside them. This is the basis for Structure, situations for perspectives.
- Engaging is the activity of Anything. It is defined by the equation 1+2=3. Here, one perspective is given by understanding the original wholeness (thus taking a stand). Then another perspective comes from considering the whole as the ability to take up a new perspective, immerse oneself in it, identify with it (a specific perspective)(thus engaging!)(and following through) as a Quality. And a third perspective comes from accepting completely that new perspective (as a scope), but now disengaging from it, reflecting on it (as a general situation which others might take up), and again extending the meaning of that whole as that which has the quality. (An example would be Good and God). In general, this adds two perspectives (upon the wholeness) alongside the existing ones in a division of everything. In this way, the original wholeness is engaged. This is the basis for Activity, identification with situations for perspectives.
- Recurring is the activity of Something. It is defined by the equation 1+3=4. Here the whole is identified with a level that gives its separation from (and relationship with) a groundless perspective (and thereby gives a Scope, a projection). That groundless perspective may be thought of as a godlet, a human that has found itself within the structure, but without any grounds. For this groundless perspective, the whole may be located at various levels (projections). The whole is originally the grounded situation (why) which is separated from a groundless perspective by everything. Another is the grounded perspective (how) (that looks onto the grounded situation) and is separated from a groundless perspective by anything. Another (what) is given by a groundless situation (which recurs!) which the grounded perspective may look upon (in coincidence with the grounded situation), and that situation is separated from a groundless perspective by something, that is, by what that perspective sees in that situation. A final perspective (whether) is given by the groundless perspective itself (the recurrence) which is separated from itself by nothing. This is the basis for Redundancy and Slack.
- Waiting is the activity of Nothing. It is defined by the equation 1+0=1. Note that +0 is isomorphic to +3 (in the sense that it takes us to the same place on the threesome). The action of this nothing takes us back to the nullsome (as the outcome state).
Activity is doing what one was not doing - and likewise onto that which was not doing it. Hence it is a two step phenomenon. Doing what one was not doing - this brings to mind the notion of InvestigatoryQuestion.
Consider if I mean everything or God? Everything is unbounded (no external context), so it goes beyond itself into the bounded. (But also - everything is its own bound, whereas God is unbounded as the nullsome).
What is the activity of Something? To recur.
[This is the nature of life. Life recurs because of its boundedness. In this sense death also is important constraint for life.]
So anything is, just like everything, open (accepts all things) in that it is open to everything. Anything's openness is through recurrence, and everything's openness is through going beyond itself.
But everything might not go beyond itself, might be inactive. In this case it is nothing. And anything might not recur, might be inactive. In this case it is something. Nothing and something are closed. [Check this: The activity of something is to "not go beyond itself" and the activity of nothing is to "not recur".]
2005.01.29 D: A� tave laiminu. Būk nuolankus, geras ir mylėk. A: Kaip pasislinkimas sutampa su tavo i�ėjimu u� savęs ir trejybės pasisukimu? D: A� save pa�įstu ir jūs save pa�įstate, o tai yra tas pats pa�inimas.
2005.01.22 A: Kaip tu atsirandi pasislinkime? D: Kada tu i�eini u� savęs, tada ir a� kartu i�einu u� savęs. A: Įsivaizduodamas tave? D: Taip ir bendraujant su manimi kaip su lygiu.